The overall development scheme has a large value in terms of investment producing substantial community, economic, educational and social benefits plus inward investment and vitality for the Hastings area.
Tilekiln Recreation Ground has been selected as the site for a new football development because firstly it is owned by Hastings Borough Council, secondly it is the only site available large enough to accommodate the proposals put forward, thirdly it sits in an area that has good road access from all areas and fourthly it is located in an area that is more industrial than residential in type.
The project team have been working collaboratively with Hastings Borough Council, the planning authority for the proposed football park. The overall scheme will shortly be put forward for outline planning permission and once granted a full planning application will be submitted with the planning process likely to include public consultation.
The facilities proposed for inclusion in the scheme to date include the following:
- Football stadium with an initial capacity of 1,950 – Stadium main stand would have match changing rooms, other pitches changing rooms, football academy facilities including classrooms, function suite, sports bar, offices, laundry, sports therapy suite, gymnasium and corporate facilities – Covered terraces would also be in place behind each goal and opposite the main stand.
- One or possibly two floodlit 3G football pitches.
- Floodlit grass football pitch.
- Off road car parking.
- Possible input of floodlit Multi Use Games Area to accommodate casual community football.
- Groundsman’s equipment store.